Wednesday, October 7, 2009

September News

The ice house from the Skow Homestead where Poppo grew up near Cocolalla, Idaho. It is the only structure still standing up on Huckleberry Mountain.


So, I haven't posted anything in almost 3 weeks, but that doesn't mean that we haven't been busy. Two weeks ago Loren and I went back to Coeur d'Alene, spent the weekend with Francie and Tom Hanson (cousins), then on Sunday we joined Ray Spencer and all of their family for a big reunion up at Aunt Bennie's homeplace (she was Poppo's sister). We had about 50 people join us for a sunny day picnic and lots of good conversation and family talk.

That's Ray in the green shirt in the center, and Francie on his left.
This past weekend I got to attend a four-day, 8 hour/day art workshop with Artist Stan Miller. It was held in Moscow, and there were about 20 of us who attended. He mostly taught us landscape design, but also spent a day on portraits. I have alot to learn! But enjoyed the workshop and am anxious to paint some new things.
We are down to my last week here on the sabbatical. Our house is ready to move into in College Station, so Loren and I will be flying back next week, I'll stay and move in, and he will come back to Washington for the last 4 weeks. He plans to be home by Thanksgiving, so I'll have his news to post for November! We are spending this week saying our goodbyes to many new friends we have made, and eating out in the evenings with as many of them as we can. We have made some great friends and hopefully will see some of them when they come for a Texas visit. As for me, I'm ready to be home. I am starting to miss my old friends, and the routines of home, but this sabbatical has been a wonderful, exciting adventure for us both!





2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the old ice house. See yall soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the picture of the ice house. How cool! And we are glad for yall to be returning too! The new house looks great from the outside. Can't wait to see the inside!

    ReplyDelete