Saturday, August 15, 2009

More Adventure




Today (Saturday) we drove to Uniontown, WA about 15 miles away. The entire town was having a Yard Sale. Every lawn, the town square, shops, everyone was participating. Kids were grilling hot dogs to raise money and antique dealers were clearing out their barns. Oh how I wished I had a big trailer. The prices on these antiques were crazy --some really nice big pieces of furniture. Oh well, I did manage to stuff the car with some things I couldn't pass up! Loren even walked away with 3 new antique fishing reels. It was fun. I think one thing I notice up here is how everyone in these small towns pulls together and is like family. They are very polite, very "earthy" and conscious of protecting the land. Having these old barns stand thru generations is an example of how things last longer here. Maybe it is small town vs. big city, but I think it is more than that. I am growing to appreciate the simplicity of life here.


Okay, big news....we are "house sitting" for a week. We are in heaven and NOT missing our one room student apartment. This is a couple from the University and they are out of state for a week and we get to stay in their huge, new home on top of a big wheat field out in the country north of Pullman. Complete with a heated beautiful pool, 2 happy dogs, and overlooking Moscow Mountain. (see top picture) This is making me even more anxious to move into our new CS home! Only 3 more weeks until our boys and wives get to visit us here in this wonderful state where the apple trees are beginning to show red color and the huckleberries are ripe (I put some in the freezer for pies, Ashley!) I wish Poppo, Loren's Dad, could see the mountains filled with huckleberry bushes and ruffed grouse. September is when the salmon and steelhead runs begin in the Snake River (2nd picture) from the Pacific Ocean. We are definitely making memories......

No comments:

Post a Comment